Helpful Tips for Marketing Newbies
If you’re new to trying to make money online, the entire process can seem daunting. There’s a lot to learn and there’s a lot to know, and it’s all time consuming. It’s easy to want to give up, but the rewards do make it worthwhile. Still, there are a few things worth remembering that can make it easier to stay the course until you find the success you’re seeking.
Below are a few helpful tips, suggestions and thoughts that can help newbie Internet marketers in their quest for success:
Internet Marketing Tips
1. Don’t shoot for the moon – Small steps are the key, especially for beginners. Yes, there are marketers earning six figures online, but they didn’t start out that way. They learned what they needed to know, put that knowledge to work, and gradually built their business over time. Shortcuts usually hurt you in the long run, so it’s best to take the time to do it right and allow your business to grow naturally.
2. Take action today – Lots of people buy one product or course after another, but never put any of them to work. They either think they don’t know enough yet, or they’re seeking something that can produce instant results, but since they never seem to find that, they never get anything done. Trial and error can be your friend. Just get started. Success only comes to those who actually get started in the first place. All the studying in the world won’t do you any good if you never put any of it to work. Pick a plan today and get started on it NOW.
3. Accept that you’ll have to spend some money – There are lots of free tools out there, but some other things are going to cost you money if you want to do them right. Things like Web hosting and autoresponders, for example, aren’t free and the free options that are occasionally available aren’t very good. Just accept that in order to make money later, you’re going to occasionally have to spend money now. That’s part of the nature of any business and it’s not one that’s likely to go away. Get used to it.
4. It’s going to be work – Yes, there are lots of products and courses out there put together by people who tell you that they earn thousands of dollars per day and they only spend 15 minutes working. First of all, there aren’t many systems like that that actually work. Second, if anyone had such a system, they likely wouldn’t sell it at a price that you can afford. Third, marketing systems like that is a lot of work itself. Don’t let them fool you; the people who sell those systems put a ton of work into creating them and the sales funnel that allows them to make money selling them to people like you. When it comes to making money online, there really aren’t any shortcuts. It’s going to be work and making money is going to be your job. You need to start thinking about it that way.
5. Promote products that you actually like – Sooner or later, all Internet marketers end up promoting products they either don’t like or don’t believe in. There are lots of opportunities to promote products that take advantage of people or products that you know don’t actually work as advertised. Sure, you can make money off of them, but when people buy products that turn out to be scams, they will remember who suggested that they buy it. There are a number of marketers like that, and when I see a sales pitch from them, I think, “That guy only promotes scams” and I dismiss it out of hand. Try to create or promote solid products that help people and provide value to them or improve their lives in some way. In the long run, it will pay off for you.
6. Find one thing and focus on it – I’ve tried to juggle multiple Websites and projects (still do, to an extent) and while it’s possible to do multiple things at once, it’s hard to do them right. To the extent that you can, focus on one thing at a time and when you’re done with it, then move on to something else. A bunch of half-completed tasks don’t do anyone any good. If you’re looking for products to promote, find one product that does what you want and make an effort to devote all of your efforts to promoting that product as well as you can. That’s much better than trying to promote a half a dozen products at once and doing a poor job with all of them.
7. Take some time for yourself – It’s easy to spend 18 hours a day at the computer, especially when you’re first starting out. Try to take some time to relax and recharge. I have a number of hobbies, including restoring vintage pinball machines. I take a couple of hours each day to work on one of those restoration projects. It gets my mind off of marketing and allows me to relax a bit. Then, when I get back to working on marketing, I can focus on that more easily after having had some time off.
8. Try to enjoy yourself – Yes, Internet marketing is a job. It doesn’t have to be a chore, however. There are tens of thousands of ways that you can make money online and at least one of them will be something that you can do that will also be fun for you. If it’s not going to be fun, you might as well get back to that 9 to 5 job. Some days are going to be better than others, of course, but in general, if you’re going to work online from home, you should enjoy it. Try to do that.
Newbie Marketing Tips Conclusion
There’s lots to know in trying to make money online. It works best if you maintain your focus, try to promote reputable products, and make an attempt to have fun. Keep these tips in mind and you’ll likely find that you’re having more success and having more fun.
Making money online works best if you have all of the information you need as well as help when you get into trouble. There’s a lot to learn about making money online and the learning curve is huge. If you don’t know how to get started, you should join Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is an online training course can steer you in the right direction and the training videos and user interaction will help you learn in the fastest way possible. If you’re new to Internet marketing, Wealthy Affiliate is a great place to start.