My Freelance Paycheck Review
Laura Pennington, creator of My Freelance Paycheck, says she’s solved that problem and that she earns multiple $500+ “secret paychecks” every week. Of course, her book will explain what these “secret” paychecks are and how you can get them.
It sounded interesting, largely because the sales page didn’t seem to have too much hype to it. She isn’t promising that you’ll get rich; she’s just promising that her My Freelance Paycheck system, whatever it is, will allow you to make money, and that it’s something that most everyone can do.
I decided to take a closer look and see what My Freelance Paycheck is all about. Is My Freelance Paycheck a scam, or is it the real deal?
Read on for the full My Freelance Paycheck review.
My Freelance Paycheck Overview
My Freelance Paycheck is a 156 page ebook in PDF format, so you can download it immediately after purchase. The package also includes several bonuses:
- The audio version of the My Freelance Paycheck book in mp3 format
- 23 short videos that explain everything in more detail
- A set of 5 “response templates” to help you respond to clients quickly
- Success Multipliers book – 5 experts share their secrets
The My Freelance Paycheck book is quite well written, but that isn’t surprising, really, since the author, Laura Pennington, is a professional writer.
In fact, professional writing is exactly what My Freelance Paycheck is about. I write thousands of words per day on this site and others, and as I make money from my work, I’m technically a professional writer.
What My Freelance Paycheck is about, however, is writing for other people. You see, not everyone writes well, and not everyone has the time to write. If you have a Website or a blog or some other written product that requires content, you may or may not have the time or the ability to create that content yourself.
What those people do when they need well-written content for their books, blogs or Websites is hire other people to write.
It turns out that there are a number of Websites that you can visit in order to offer your services as a writer. Some of these sites allow you to bid on jobs and others assign you work based on your abilities.
Chapters in the My Freelance Paycheck book include:
- Chapter 1: Why the Opportunity to Become a Freelance Writer is So Amazing
- Chapter 2: Who is This Book For?
- Chapter 3: How the Web Has Changed the Game in Freelance Writing
- Chapter 4: What Do You Really Need to Land Freelance Writing Clients?
- Chapter 5: How to Identify a Target Client
- Chapter 6: Where to Find Freelance Writing Clients
- Chapter 7: How to Design a Marketing Plan as a Freelance Writer
- Chapter 8: The Art of the Decline
- Chapter 9: The Elements You Need to Have in Place to Succeed
- Chapter 10: Tips for Interacting with Clients over the Long Run
- Bonus Chapter: The Five Most Common Mistakes of Freelance Writers
- Bonus Chapter: A Deeper Dive into Determining Writing Rates
- Bonus Chapter: Why You MUST Have Amazing Work Samples
- Bonus Chapter: Real Stories From 6 Freelance Writers
Believe it or not, you do not have to be a great writer in order to make money writing, though it will help. If you are proficient in English and you can work quickly and efficiently, you can earn quite a good living writing for other people.
The strong points of the My Freelance Paycheck book is that it shows you where to find the work, but more importantly, it shows you how to fine-tune your presentation so that people who need work written for them will be eager to work with you.
This is the key, because the real secret to making a lot of money in freelance writing isn’t by writing short articles for the sites mentioned in the book. The real money comes from developing relationships with regular clients who need work done on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. That’s where you’ll make the money.
You can start out by submitting articles on the Websites mentioned in My Freelance Paycheck. Eventually, if your work is good, you will likely find the same people hiring you over and over again. Within a few months, you should be able to start negotiating your own deals with them. It only takes a few regular clients to reach the point where you can earn a good living this way.
The benefits of the methods shown in My Freelance Paycheck are that you can work at your own pace (you can negotiate when the work is due), you can work at whatever time of day suits you, you can work wherever you like, as long as you have a computer handy, and you can negotiate the rate of pay.
I found My Freelance Paycheck to be quite well written and very informative. It also offers a lot of information for the price.
Pros and Cons of My Freelance Paycheck
- Well-written book
- Offers good tips for finding work that pays well
- Fairly priced
- Helpful bonuses
- Long introduction section; the book takes a while to get to the point
- Writing may not be for everyone
My Freelance Paycheck Summary
It’s nice to review a solid, well-produced product for a change that doesn’t promise that you’re going to get rich overnight. Don’t misunderstand; you can make money and make a lot of money, by writing professionally. But it is work. It’s a job, and you’ll have to work a lot to make a lot of money.
Laura Pennington has done a great job of showing you where to go to find the work, how to present yourself in a way that will make people want to hire you, and how to make sure that you’re actually earning money and not wasting time working for people who aren’t going to pay you.
All in all, My Freelance Paycheck is a terrific book and I highly recommend it for someone who wants a method of making money that actually works.